Apache Accumulo 2.1.1
02 Nov 2022
These are draft release notes for a future release of Accumulo!
Please view the latest release notes.
This version is a current Long Term Maintenance (LTM) release.
Apache Accumulo 2.1.1 is a patch release of the 2.1.0 LTM line.
- #3077, #3079, #3083 Avoid filling OS page cache by setting the
FSDataOutputStream.setDropBehindflag when performing likely one-time file accesses, as with WAL input and output files and major compaction input files. This should allow files that might benefit more from caching to stay in the cache longer. #3083 introduces a new property, table.compaction.major.output.drop.cache, for dropping pages from the OS page cache for major compaction output files. These changes will only have an impact on HDFS FileSystem implementations and operating systems that support them.
- #3023, #3053 Prevent excessive logging when an ExternalCompaction is cancelled for cause and around the ThreadPools
- #3057 Modified Monitor to direct DataTable errors to console
- #3059 Removed stale compactions from CompactionCoordinator internal structure. The CompactionCoordinator has an internal data structure where it keeps track of running compactions. Running compactions were not being removed from this set in some edge cases so they continued to be shown on the Monitor when in reality the compaction was not running. This occured in testing when the Compactor process was killed by the agitator. The compaction was rescheduled to run on a different Compactor, the issue here was just orphaned information in the data structure being shown in the Monitor.
- #3048 Output time strings on the monitor using the correct user locale (also made them more concise)
View the Upgrading Accumulo documentation for guidance.
2.1.1 GitHub Project
At the time of release, the following issues were known:
View all releases in the archive