Title: Apache Accumulo File System Archive Example (Data Only) Notice: Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at . http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 . Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
This example archives file data into an Accumulo table. Files with duplicate data are only stored once. The example has the following classes:
- CharacterHistogram - A MapReduce that computes a histogram of byte frequency for each file and stores the histogram alongside the file data. An example use of the ChunkInputFormat.
- ChunkCombiner - An Iterator that dedupes file data and sets their visibilities to a combined visibility based on current references to the file data.
- ChunkInputFormat - An Accumulo InputFormat that provides keys containing file info (List<Entry<Key,Value») and values with an InputStream over the file (ChunkInputStream).
- ChunkInputStream - An input stream over file data stored in Accumulo.
- FileDataIngest - Takes a list of files and archives them into Accumulo keyed on hashes of the files.
- FileDataQuery - Retrieves file data based on the hash of the file. (Used by the dirlist.Viewer.)
- KeyUtil - A utility for creating and parsing null-byte separated strings into/from Text objects.
VisibilityCombiner - A utility for merging visibilities into the form (VIS1) (VIS2) …
This example is coupled with the dirlist example. See README.dirlist for instructions.
If you haven’t already run the README.dirlist example, ingest a file with FileDataIngest.
$ ./bin/accumulo org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.filedata.FileDataIngest -i instance -z zookeepers -u username -p password -t dataTable --auths exampleVis --chunk 1000 $ACCUMULO_HOME/README
Open the accumulo shell and look at the data. The row is the MD5 hash of the file, which you can verify by running a command such as ‘md5sum’ on the file.
> scan -t dataTable
Run the CharacterHistogram MapReduce to add some information about the file.
$ bin/tool.sh lib/accumulo-examples-simple.jar org.apache.accumulo.examples.simple.filedata.CharacterHistogram -i instance -z zookeepers -u username -p password -t dataTable --auths exampleVis --vis exampleVis
Scan again to see the histogram stored in the ‘info’ column family.
> scan -t dataTable